Times they are a’changing in the US for Asian Beauty fans! KBeauty is now available at CVS, Japan Post is banning sunscreen shipments, and Memebox US, the ridiculously well-funded US-based K-Beauty e-commerce site has come up with yet another way to piss off their customers.
I haven’t done a haul post in a long time because I’m not sure what value they add, but this one feels almost like a PSA. Come May 1st, Memebox is expected to leave a sizeable gap in the K-beauty market that other retailers are going to be scrambling to fulfill, which makes Althea’s recent US launch quite timely!
Althea is a Korean start up company that focuses on the international markets of Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, and Thailand. I’ve been familiar with them for awhile, largely due to Malaysian Instagrammers I follow, and was pretty psyched to hear they were launching in the US. They offered to send me a small haul to show off. I looked through their site, was pretty happy to see the breadth of their selection, very reasonable pricing, and 30 day return policy! It’s so rare to see a Korea-based store have any sort of easy return policy for international customers, so that feels like a big deal.
Also, their boxes are pink, which might make Memebox withdrawals less painful. Let’s look at what I got!
- Make P:rem Blending Me Nourishing Oil Mask: Make P:rem has been really popular on Instagram recently and so I was pretty excited to see that Althea had some of their items in stock! I haven’t tried any of their skincare – I’m not sure how much I trust a brand that tries to tell me I should be using an in shower mask – but their oil sheet masks sound like they would be are right up my alley
- A’pieu CocoRico Silver Blanket Mask: The CocoRico Silver Blanket mask is a 2017 limited edition product in celebration of the year of the rooster and they look super cool
- The Choute Waterproof Soft Gel Eyeliner in 02 Brown: I’m constantly breaking or losing my pencil eyeliners so I’m also constantly in need of new ones
- B-Lab I Am Sorry Just Cleansing Natural Cleansing Peeling Gel: This is a gommage peeler. I haven’t tried a lot of them but the ones that I have tried (Natural Cure, Swanicoco) have either broken me out or irritated my skin. Michele from @colebiancardi loves this peeling gel so I figured it’s worth a try
- My Cera My Ceramide All in one cream: This little tube contains both ceramides and madecassoside, which is a bioactive extract of centella asiatica
- Skinfood Gummy Bear Cherry Chocolate Hand Cream: My purse is a black hole for hand creams. This is its latest, super freaking adorable, victim
- Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum EX: I recently ordered a Sulwhasoo trial kit that included a deluxe sample of this serum and it’s amazing. Gives my skin life when I look like a zombie, which is pretty much every week day
And the entire haul in its full glory is below!
Disclaimer: All products featured in this post were sent to me by Althea at no cost to be featured in an unboxing post. The opinions expressed are my own. This post does not contain any affiliate links.