Manyo Factory Ultra Moist Spa Ampoule
This is a super revitalizing functional ampoule makes rough and dry skin smoother and nourishes skin for healthy glow
Where does it fit in your routine?
I use this after all my watery toner steps but before emulsions.
Size and Price
Each bottle contains 50ml of product. I got this from ebay for $14 from one of blueprint21’s crazy auctions. It is also have it regularly listed at $25.99. It is also available on MelodyCosme for $30 or Koreadepart for $25.25.
Ampoule comes in a frosted glass bottle with a dropper cap. I have the old packaging. The new packaging is a turquoise blue color instead of the navy blue shown here. The dropper cap sucks. It’s clumsy and doesn’t grab onto a lot of product.
It smells like Sprite. I don’t care for the scent, but it’s faint enough not to be a problem.
Color and texture
This ampoule is translucent white in color and has a cream-serumy texture.
WHAT’S IN IT?
- ALGAE EXTRACT – Generally speaking, algae is a rich source of ω-3 fatty acids, essential amino acids, and vitamins A, B, C, and E. It’s likely the algae extract here has general antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, but algae encompasses a huge, biodiverse group of organisms whose specific profile and effects on skin differ greatly and speaking about “algae” as a skincare ingredient is like speaking about “vegetables” as an ingredient. This ampoule unfortunately does not specify which algae species supplies this extract
- Humectants: SODIUM HYALURONATE, GLYCERIN, HYALURONIC ACID, BETAINE, TREHALOSE – These are all humectants, meaning they hold many times their own weight in water, making them great hydrators. Sodium hyaluronate as the added benefit that it can penetrate skin (most skincare ingredients, like collagen for instance, can’t do so because they are too large) into the epidermis, the dermis and the lymphatic endothelium and is effective in boosting skin’s moisture content, improving skin elasticity and reducing roughness
- NIACINAMIDE – Niacinamide is one of those ingredients that does a little bit of everything. It strengthens your skin’s barrier by reducing transepidermal water loss (TEWL), increasing resistance to irritants such as SLS and the rate at which your skin syntheses barrier components, and with repeated daily application increases the thickness of the stratum corneum. It also has the potential to reduce the depth of wrinkles, especially when combined with other anti-aging agents such as kinetin, N-acetyl glucosamine, or palmitoyl pentapeptide, and has been shown as effective in treating hyperpigmentation
-Noteworthy but in lower concentrations————-
- Botanical Extracts: Japanese pepper, Korean pasque flower, Lichen, Myrothamnus Flabellifolia leaf, Gardenia Florida fruit, Sea grape, Brown algae, Plankton, Safflower Sprout, Hyacinth
- Miscellaneous: Squalane, Beta-Glutan, Panthenol, Polyglutamic Acid, Adenosine, Hydrolyzed Collagen
- Essential Oils: Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil
- Ferments: Saccharomyces/Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces/Imperata Cylindrica Root Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Kelp Ferment Filtrate, Chlorella Ferment
- Fancy Waters: Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Water, Calendula Officinalis Flower Water, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Water, Sea Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Juice, Betula Alba Juice
Cosdna identifies squalane (1) and calendula officinalis flower water (1) as acne triggers.
Full ingredients: Algae Extract, Carbonated Water, Propanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Glycerin, Cetyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Isoamyl Laurate, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, ediol Dicaprylate, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Squalane, Myrothamnus Flabellifolia Leaf Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Beta-Glucan, Panthenol, Polyglutamic Acid, Betaine, Trehalose, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Adenosine, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Water, Caulerpa Lentillifera Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Plankton Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Sprout Extract, Saccharomyces/Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces/Imperata Cylindrica Root Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Kelp Ferment Filtrate, Chlorella Ferment, Calendula Officinalis Flower Water, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Water, Sea Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Juice, Betula Alba Juice, Hyacinthus Orientalis Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen
To use this, I fill the dropper 4-5 times and apply the ampoule to my face and neck. Immediately after applying, my skin looks amazing. It’s plump, smooth, and glowing. However, the effect is short lived, and an hour later, it’s as if I didn’t use this at all. Long term, I haven’t noticed any effects to overall skin appearance or hydration levels, and when I don’t use this in my routine, it makes no difference at all to how my skin looks.
A lot of people I follow on Instagram seem to really love this, but it just doesn’t really do anything for me. My skin usually isn’t dehydrated, despite being dry, so it’s possible it’s just not suited for my skin type, but I usually do see some improvement (for instance, with Mizon HA 100 Ampoule) from hyaluronic acid products. Bizarre.
Great sounding ingredients, but for my skin the results just didn’t deliver.
Overall score: 2.6/5
Disclaimer: All products featured in this post were purchased by me. All opinions expressed are my own. This post contains affiliate links. Purchasing an item through an affiliate link does not add any cost to the customer but does help support this site’s upkeep.